CushionWall® II Crash Cushion System
Products / Impact Attenuators / Cushion Wall|
- Sectional design consists of energy-absorbing, reusable, "smart plastic" (HMW/HDPE) cylinders that fit behind a concrete transition. The cylinders can be customized to fit each specific application.
- Energy-absorbing, longitudinal wall dissipates kinetic energy, and redirects the vehicle back onto roadway at shallow angle. The cushioning keeps driver in control, reducing secondary accidents.
- Crashworthy at speeds up to 70 km/h (43 mph) and at angles as high as 20°, when impacted by vehicles weighing up to 2,041 kg (4,500 lbs).
- No expendable components need to be refilled or replaced. 99% Self-Restoring after design impacts.
- The CushionWall II System will self restore after most design impacts, typically regaining up to 99% of its original shape and capacity without maintenance or repair of major components.