Products / Impact Attenuators / QUEST™
- Non-gating, redirective impact attenuator
- Performs effectively with design speeds up to 100 km/h (62 mph)
- Meets NCHRP 350 TL-3 (100 km/h / 62 mph)
- During head-on impacts, the Quest impact attenuator telescopes rearward to absorb the energy of impact and bring the errant vehicle to a controlled stop.
- When impacted from the side, the Quest impact attenuator is capable of redirecting vehicles at angles up to 20°.
Fast and Easy Installation
- The QUEST System consists of a series of W-beam fender panels supported by diaphragms with an innovative integrated trigger mechanism at the nose that releases a “front assembly” during impacts to absorb the energy of impact. The system is designed to telescope rearward during head-on impacts to absorb the energy of impact and to redirect vehicles during side angle impacts. The QUEST System features a compact and lightweight design that is ideal for a wide range of applications — even where space is limited. The system has a small “footprint,” measuring only 5.74 m (18’10”) long and 610 mm (24”) wide.
- The QUEST System is designed for fast and easy installation. Assembled at the factory, the Quest is ready to be installed. The free standing backup nests neatly around hazards up to 24” wide. Thirty anchors are all that are required to install. If required, the Quest can be shipped unassembled.