The Hoosier Company, Inc. is a mid-size specialty contractor providing highway/roadway construction services to state, municipal (including airports) and private markets. Founded in 1931 and located in Indianapolis, Indiana, Hoosier focuses its construction efforts on electrical construction, installing signals, signs, lighting, airport runway lighting and intelligent transportation systems.
We are currently seeking Project Managers to add to our highly-qualified team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Building Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
Experience or internship in highway and/or electrical construction a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Preferred list. Not all necessary. We will train)
• Must possess a strong work ethic
• Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret design drawings and specifications.
• Familiarity with construction contracts, change orders, purchase orders, etc.
• Proven communication, organizational, documentation, interpersonal and negotiations skills.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Estimating software (Bid/Build to Win preferred, but not necessary)
•Ability to communicate with suppliers, prime contractors, owner representatives as well as field crews.
• Ability to estimate and manage a project from beginning to end.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in varying climates and conditions.
• Ability to be self-motivated and work within a team atmosphere to meet deadlines.